Why the change? We would like to gradually improve our quality control system, and rebranding, renaming is the first step. We want level names to speak of skills and not sound like order levels. Besides, the term “Junior” better describes how we perceive a person on that particular level. The term “High School” was misleading in this regard, creating a false impression that we are ready to work with High School writers, which we were not.
Meet the Champ!
At least one hundred orders written, not a single late, less than 5% below performance marks… What do you call that? Magic? No, a Golden Pen performance!
To a stranger, our goals may seem impossible to achieve. 100 orders delivered in time? Barely any below performance marks? How is that possible? This is unreal! they point out. However, to our writers, and we say it proudly, nothing is impossible and nothing is unreal. Need proof? Here is the list of the Golden Pen laureates of the Fall 2021 season:
Golden Pen Laureates
Now, the victor of the season, the best of the best is Josephat (355287). He completed the most orders of the golden pen laureates. Let’s find out more about him!
- How would you describe yourself?
- I am a go-getter person who is driven by new challenges.
- Do you remember the first day you started writing? How was it?
- I began writing back in October 2018 when my friend introduced me to academic writing. My friend had a group account with uvo, and I joined his team. He coached me, and when I applied in 2019, I was accepted. I joined the editing program, which nurtured my skills but not to the level required. This situation forced me to join the mentoring program that elevated my account to the university level.
- What do you think led to your success this time? How to become a top writer?
- First of all, teamwork and supervision led to this success. My supervisor Dionis offered incredible advice on how to achieve high productivity while maintaining high quality. He checked my team's work every 2 weeks, which motivated me. I also thanked the QA team, who checked my quality every month. They enabled my team to focus on quality since we knew any slight mistake would lead to demotion. Last, I thank my team of writers who have been dedicated to meeting the strict uvo-quality level.
- How do you manage to avoid revisions and meet customer's expectations?
- This is so easy. You may be surprised why I say this. First, take orders that your team can handle only and avoid overloading yourself. With teamwork and attention to clients’ instructions, I managed to reduce below expectations and decrease revisions with instruction not followed. My team members hate revisions because revisions make us not deliver other papers and enjoy our free time. In this regard, my group members want to complete papers in the first attempt to avoid the revisions by meeting all requirements.
- How would you cheer up a writer who keeps failing at writing, but has the zeal to nail it?
- Newbies often find it difficult to meet customer’s requirements because of different disciplines. Therefore, I often encourage them to handle only disciplines that they are proficient in and avoid taking papers for the sake of making money. Our main focus is for customers to come back and award us more orders. This approach has enabled my team to get orders even during low seasons, which has become the source of my motivation. I encourage the writers they work towards meeting customers’ expectations to get more money and orders.
A CLARIFICATION: At UVOCORP.COM, you may work as an individual freelancer. You may also choose to build your own team of writers (they are called “groups”, “group accounts”). The best teams of writers are coached by the Freelance Groups Supervisor (Dionis). The best of the best teams of writers are promoted to Freelance Offices (essentially, a team of writers with an unlimited supply of orders but very strict quality requirements). If you want to find out more about that, please contact the Writers Department via messages.
We thank Josephat for his truly coaching-like answers. He went through a lot to get to where he is now, starting from having nothing and progressing to becoming the victor of the season. Dear Team, we wish you to find inspiration in this story and unleash your potential to achieve your goals, just like Josephat did with his!